Friday, December 28, 2007

A Picture! Cuz Pictures are Fun!

You know what bothers me?

All these words. Everytime I check this place, it's covered with words. So... I added that picture of cards on the top right. I don't really know what it means or symbolizes, but it's pretty.

So there.

But, still, it's on the dull side. So I thought I'd look through some not-so-old-yet-not-so-recent pictures I have. Keeping in mind that I perform primarily walkaround and close-up, I have performed in a couple of stage/parlour venues. But stage stuff tends to require either effects that require no props at all - or effects that require huge props.

With cost in mind, I've turned to mentalism. And, through it, I've learned a lot about presentation. Anyway, I was performing on campus for fellow students, their parents, and their siblings (it was Family Weekend). It was a charity thing... where all proceeds go to the local high school library.

Yeah. I still can't seem to gather the guts to ask people to pay me for shows. And... well... this was for charity.

Anyway - mentalism. Looking back, I performed decently... throwing in a few new effects. I didn't really like my routine, though, and I think I scripted too heavily for me to perform as naturally and comfortably as I should. I think... being on stage pulls me a bit out of my comfort level.

I'm not going to post all my pictures, but I wanted to post one. Because the photographer caught me totally off guard here - at a time when I was having the most fun.


This is me performing Luke Jermay's Dangerous Opener. I found a cardboard box, covered it with an old black t-shirt to make it pretty, and pushed a knife through it. The knife is stabilized with a big textbook beneath the box and covered with the red cup. A spectator named a cup for me to destroy... and I smashed it.

I admit I was nervous performing it for the first time...
But, man, it was fun.

So... yeah, I thought I'd show you that. A picture of me, caught in a moment of... personal astonishment and joy.

What can I say? I like smashing things.

2 comments:

NOBLEZADA said...

I love it! The Blog, and the picture.

I wish I had more still pictures of my performnaces.

Very cool, Felice!

-Noblezada

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jay.

And yeah, I'm glad I have those pictures. I normally don't have any, so it was great when someone showed them to me.

Thanks for the comments,

-Felice