Sunday, February 22, 2015

Close Encounters of the Urban Kind: My First Encounter with the Police


Anecdotes from the Streets
My First Encounter with the Police

So early on - maybe first or second time street performing in Chicago - a police officer walks up to me. He hasn't seen me around before and wanted to take down my information. This little cartoon tells the beginning of that encounter.

Here I am, trying to do some magic. I don't know what the music notes for.
I am not singing. I shall never sing.
And definitely not in public.

A police officer sees me!

I was anxious at first.

And then...

:D

Of course I gotz my license.

See? It's a nice license.
I AM PREPARED!

Form? What's this form? It's a form!
It says I encountered a police officer!
Yes I did.... Do you think he would let me take a picture of the form?

Okay, okay. Calm down. I should not be this excited to see the popo.
And ooh! Inconsistency in my Paint cartoon!
My license has magically appeared again!

Teehee! 
Research data! Imagine what I could write! I should have recorded this! No, he wouldn't have let me...
But imagine the data! And and and andandandand...

...Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you draw those pictures?Monica

Unknown said...

Hey! Yes... um.. through Microsoft Paint. Hehe.