Sunday, November 23, 2014

Close Encounters of the Urban Kind: Breaching Social Norms

Anecdotes from the Streets
Breaching Social Norms

There I was, one afternoon in the spring, trying to build an audience...

And this guy walks up. Woohoo! Maybe he wants to see some magic!

Or not.

Oookay. So why'd you stop? What's up?

He starts saying "OHHHHH...."

...and he doesn't stop.





For an entire minute.

I just stared at him.

He explained: he's part of a group that tries to breach social norms.
He wanted to see my reaction. Most people just leave after a few seconds.
I stayed... cuz, you know, my spot.

So I guess my lack of reaction freaked him out.

Right. Okay. Bye bye.

*I am not a cartoonist. I cannot draw and normally do not communicate with pictures. But! That's what I felt like doing this week. And thus begins my series on random street anecdotes, narrated through PAINT-created stick figures.

No comments: