Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Inspirations: Getting Started in Magic

Cuz I can't write a lot every week...

Instead, I'm just going to post this little performance by Lance Burton.

This little skit here though is one of the things that got me started in magic. While some magicians love complex sleights and knuckle-breaking moves (which are definitely satisfying once I figure out how to pull them off), I love the stories they can tell. I love magic as a storytelling device.

Even now, when I know how some effects work, it's the stories that stick.

So enjoy!


On another note: I got a message from a street magician a couple of weeks ago. He told me about something that happened when he was out performing, and that gave me this idea. If you're a street performer and have an interesting anecdote to share about your work day, send me a message through Facebook or at felice123 at hotmail dot com.


No comments: